May 17, 2006

Sunshine ...


and fairy houses. The storm is over for now it seems and last night after the rainbow, the fairy houses had to be rebuilt and restocked. Chloe made sure they had plenty of shelter as the past week was terribly tough on the fairy life in our garden as well as our friends near the Salmon Falls river. Do you build fairy houses too? Or natural sculptures meant only for the moment? Daisy chains, stars made from vines, woven clover flower crowns ... This ephemeral art appeals to me on all levels. Part Andy Goldsworthy, part Louise Nevelson, big part freewheeling child. Love it.
The word for the day is ... develop ... your connective spirit to nature, a photograph you took with a pin hole camera, and character - by experiencing extreme circumstances

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful Susan, a mother of my heart! I have just showed it to my daughter, and she has totally approved! Glad to see that the fairies on all parts of the country are being taken care of!

Regarding my fern and santos copper pocket, the fern is from an old print, and the santos photo came out of a floral book. I love using transparencies over other images, it gives an unexpected depth and interest...

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

My two buddies bothe here! Ulla and Susan, two of the dearest fairy sweethearts i know!!