December 05, 2006

Whip up + Danny Mansmith




































OK, I have covered this ground before here and now today at Whip up. In case you are not reading Whip up - I did a piece on my current favorite textile artist Danny Mansmith today. He just is too too. He wrote to me late today mentioning his work was part of Art Basel in Miami. ... a 7 Foot tall fabric wrapped wood figure and he also made 600 paper flowers for Artformz alternative gallery in miami too...
Pretty darn cool. His etsy shop has photos of work that he has sold, (check out his beautiful scarves...) and well, I guess I am just a big big fan now, so you will just have to deal with it. We will be showing his work in a spectacular group textile show in March/April at artstream.

3 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Oversize art is what i really like! Thanks for linking his collections!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this guys work - The piece in the middle, framed I think ?, is fantastic !

Anonymous said...

love it, susan. this is really great stuff.