October 27, 2009

Community Mural :: Concord Arts Market


sketch done!, originally uploaded by artstreamstudios.

This is the sketch I did for the upcoming Halloween version of the Concord Arts Market. I painted it on a 7x8 foot piece of canvas this afternoon .. I didn't have a lot of time, just a lot of ideas and well, it's a guide for the community to go with!
The idea is based on a night garden, late autumn, with a little day of the dead thrown in there along with my imaginary marshmallow on a stick flowers. Hopefully, everyone will have fun in the painting process on Saturday and I will be sure to get lots of process photos and the final product too!

4 comments:

missysue said...

Love the sketch! and, wow....7x8 foot canvas! I don't think I've ever created on something that large! Have to add that to my list of things I want to do!

love + luck + bliss,
missysue xox

Susan Schwake said...

thanks missy sue! yes, everyone should try something large!

abbyglassenberg said...

Ooooh, that looks fun to paint in. I love the face in the moon!

Susan Schwake said...

thanks abby ... i hope they enjoy it on saturday!